Fulham has a strong vegan presence and large vegan community that supports some high quality vegan restaurants. The aim of this festival is to bring vegan cuisine to new customers , to highlight the broad range of delicious vegan foods there are in Fulham.
Vegan Restaurants in and around Fulham include O Burger – Brooklyn Pizza – 222 Veggie Vegan – Eat of Eden – Simply Vegan, Tell Your Friends and many more.
The Vegan festival also aims to highlight the environmental, health and ethical benefits of going vegan, as veganism expands further than diet. The Vegan Society, the definition is as follows: “Veganism is a way of living which seeks to exclude, as far as is possible and practicable, all forms of exploitation of, and cruelty to, animals for food, clothing or any other purpose.”
For instance, vegans don’t wear clothing made with animal materials (like leather and wool), buy cosmetics that were tested on animals, or support entertainment that relies on the exploitation of animals, like bullfighting, horse racing or aquariums.
increased health, improving cognition and metabolism, reducing indices of diabetes, heart disease, and lowers cancer prevalence.
· Vegans are on average 20lbs lighter than non vegans.
· Veganism provides a more sustainable agricultural model, focused on feeding people, not animals for slaughter.
· Adopting a vegan diet reduces demand on grain and water, and if adopted by all could eradicate starvation.
· Going vegan means you are reducing greenhouse gasses and mitigate against climate change.
· A single person going vegan can save up to 200 animals in a year.
· Those who follow a vegan diet, also called a plant-based diet, do not eat animal products. This includes meat, dairy, eggs, honey, and gelatin.
· Did you know that the uk ranks as the most popular vegan country in the world, shared with Australia. This has been helped by veganuary and expansive media coverage.
· People of many faiths, including Hinduhs, Buddhists, Rastafarians, and Jains observe vegan or vegetarian diets.
· Israel considers itself the vegan capital of the world, with the ctys hottest restaurants flipping their menus to be fully vegan overnight, and international brands using it as a testing ground
· India, which has the most vegetarians in the world, and a wide array of vegan dishes. Dishes like vegetable samosa, vegetable biryani, pakoras and channa masal are all vegan.
· Taiwan with its large Buddhist population has the 3rd largest vegan population and a fast growing vegan scene. It also has a supportive government and strict labelling laws.
Notable vegans include
Greta Thunberg - Sir Paul McCartney - Lewis Hamilton - Woody Harrelson - will.i.am - Benedict Cumberbatch - Katy Perry - Russell Brand - Thom Yorke - Arianda Grande - Billie Eilish – Sia – Beyonce - Venus Williams.